It’s one of the best dishes for the mushroom lovers like me who can actually eat mushroom in any form. And when it is getting accompanied or rather stuffed in a freshly baked bread, it’s gonna be just Amazing!
I baked this bread when we were looking for something to be ‘different’ and ‘exclusive’ as a breakfast; however, it can also act as a very good evening snack. Have it with green pudhina dip or with tomato ketchup, its just the best!
Mushroom Pleated Bread Recipe
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Pieces Clove (Laung)
- 2 finely chopped Onions
- 100gm (1/2 packet) mushrooms – cut the tip and slice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon amchoor
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
For the Dough
- 200 gm (2 cups) Maida
- 100 gm (1/2 cup) Cold Butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- Let’s start by making the bread. Sieve the flour (maida), add baking powder and salt to it.
- Cut the butter in small-small cubes and rub it lightly into the flower with finger tips. It will slowly become like bread crumbs.
- Gradually add some milk into it and mix with spoon and then knead it lightly to make dough. Cover this dough and keep in fridge to cool (in case of summers).
- Now, to prepare the filling, heat butter in a pan, add laung and onions and stir fry will it turns transparent.
- Add finely sliced mushroom pieces and cook for 5 minutes till they turn light brown and dry.
- Add salt, garam masala, amchoor and red chilli powder. Mix it well and add coriander. Take it off the stove and let it cool.
- On the kitchen platform, roll the dough lightly to form a square of 10”. Mark it into 3 equal parts for folding but don’t cut. Leave the centre intact and cut the other 2 parts diagonally to have ½” broad stripes.
- Now, place the filling in the centre portion and lift and paste the strips from the both the sides alternatively. Brush it with milk on top and sprinkle some ajwain.
- Bake in a moderately heated over at 180 degree Celsius/ 350 degree Fahrenheit’s for 45-50 minutes. Serve Hot.