On a wonderful evening when you are with your loved ones, stuffed moong dal chillas’ are one of the best options to have as an evening snack. Chillas are the pan fried pancakes made either from moong dal or from gramflour (besan). These are then stuffed with different stuffing or can also be eaten with chutney and ketchup.
Moong dal chilla is one of the favourite chaat items from the Indian cuisine and is loved by chaat lovers be it a child or an adult. Quick and easy to be prepared, this dish is quite stuffing and also changes the taste from the everyday routine.
- 2 cups Moong Dal (Soaked for 4 hours)
- A pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tablespoon Gramflour (besan)
Filling Masala Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- A pinch Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Jeera
- 2 Green Chillies (Chopped)
- 2 Onions (Finely chopped)
- 150 gm Paneer (small cubes)
- 1 cup Green Peas
- To Taste Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 bunch Coriander Leaves
- 2 green chillies
- ½” piece Ginger
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Curd
- Mix a bit of asafoetida in the dal and grind it to paste. Add salt, chopped green chillies and gram flour. The chilla paste is ready.
- In a non-stick pan, add ghee, a pinch of hing and jeera.
- Add onions and green chillies and cook for some time.
- Add green peas, salt and garam masala and cook it for 5 minutes.
- In the end, add paneer cubes and keep the mixture aside.
- In a mixer grinder, put coriander leaves, salt, green chillies, curd and ginger and grind to make paste. Add lemon juice and serve.
- On a non stick tawa, put some oil and spread the mixture in a round formation, put some oil from the sides and let it cook.
- Once the chilla turns light brown, change its side and let it cook from other side a bit. Remove from fire.
- To assemble, on a non stick tawa, put some oil and spread the mixture in a round formation, put some oil from the sides and let it cook.
- Once the chilla turns light brown, change its side and let it cook from other side a bit. Add some of the filling on it and fold it.
- Remove from fire and serve with green chutney and tomato ketchup.