The Bengali sweetness served to your mouth by this unique and easy chocolate flavored sandesh. Less on calories with the help of skimmed milk and use of sugar free, it’s a dish made without compromising on the taste, flavor and texture.
Tried my hands on this to make a tasty yet light dessert for my family 🙂
Calories / serving 50
Makes 6 small Pieces
1kg tonned (Skimmed) milk
2-3 tsp lemon juice
2tbsp cocoa powder
5tsp sugar / 5 tsp sugar free powder
¼ tsp green cardamom (elaichi) powder
A few almonds – cut in halves to garnish
- Boil the milk and add lemon juice to it after the boil. Stir it till it curdles properly. Strain the chenna through a muslin cloth. Dip this chenna tied in the muslin cloth into ice cold water for 10 minutes and then hang it for 15 minutes to drain out the liquid.
- Take a mixer and put chenna, cocoa powder, sugar and cardamom powder and blend till smooth. Transfer this to a heavy bottomed pan.
- Cook the mixture of 10minutes till it dries.
- Make balls or grease biscuit moulds and adding almonds, put the mixture into the mould.
- Press well to make it take the shape, invert and serve.
Follow us on Facebook