Wondering to eat something sweet but not very greasy? Same happened with me when I finally decided to cook a Vanilla Walnut Cake in a cooker because my Oven Toaster Griller (OTG) was out of order.
Was thinking to make a cake for my family from the past few days but wasn’t able to due to my so unwell OTG. But now finally found a way out to cook it so well in a general cooking cooker. A tempting light brown walnut vanilla cake came out after the efforts and unstoppable craving.
Cakes are always the best desserts and the home made cakes without the cake icings are the yummiest!
1 cup (200gm) Maida
½ tin(cup) Condensed Milk (MilkMaid)
½ tsp soda bicarbonate
1tsp baking soda
2tbsp Powdered Sugar
2tsp Vanilla Essence
½ cup Water
7-8 Walnuts (Chopped)
1tsp chocolate flakes, for decoration
- Mix maida, soda, baking soda, powdered sugar with melted butter.
- Add vanilla essence, condensed milk and water. Mix well.
- Beat it with an egg beater to make it fluffy till it becomes of soft peak consistency.
- Add chopped Walnut and mix.
- Grease a bowl with butter and maida & pour the mixture.
- To prepare the cooker, put 1 cup water at the bottom of cooker. Put a stand on which can place the bowl in such a manner that the bowl just touches the water and not the bottom of the cooker.
- Cover the lid after removing the whistle, but don’t lock the cooker.
- The cake will take 50mins to 60mins to cook well. Check it with a knife. Take out, sprinkle some chocolate flakes on the top and serve with ice cream