One of the favorite of all the north Indian food lovers is a brown colored lavishing dish which is tasty yet healthy and is a must accompanying one with paneer and potato dishes. Dal Makhani, with a Punjabi name and a mouth watering taste caters as the main dish for Punjabi north Indian food.
I have my own ways learnt from my mother to make this lip-smacking dal making it healthy and quick to be made.
Recipe – Dal Makhhani
- 1 cup Urad Dal (Whole)
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Tomato Puree
- 2 Tbsp Amul Butter
- ½ tsp Red Chilly powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 cloves
- 1 small piece Cinnamon (Dalchini )
- 4-5 pieces whole black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 4 cups water to boil
- Salt to taste
- Boil the dal with 4 cups of water and Salt, Coriander powder, turmeric powder, cinnamon, cloves and black pepper.
- Open the cooker and mix tomato ketchup, red chilly powder and milk. Keep it on low flame and let it come to a boil. Add garam masala.
- Before serving, add butter, green chilies and coriander leaves. Decorate with white cream and serve hot!
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!