Lebanese is an upcoming cuisine these days which is being shown a lot of love by vegetarians to have something DIFFERENT than the others. A Lebanese Vegetarian platter consists of a pizza base like bread, a chickpea dip, Falafel – a tikky, a curd dip and a salad as the main parts.
Thus, been inspired by the upcoming fashion and love for this cuisine I tried my hands on it as a whole Sunday brunch. I was really happy to find my family liking it and thus sharing the same with all of you as well.
- 200 gms Chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 15gm fresh parsely
- 1tsp Garlic paste
- ½ tsp Corainder powder
- ½ tsp Jeera Powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- Vegetable oil
- Combine all the ingredients except the flour and oil with the help of a good food blender. Blend the mixture well until it’s coarsely pureed.
- Place this mixture in a mixing bowl and add flour, stirring it continuously to combine thoroughly.
- Form into patties with wet hands using water and pan fry them on a non-stick tawa.
- Serve with pita bread and hummus.
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!