Woke up after a short afternoon nap today after ages and was thinking what to make for dinner… I took out my helper, i.e. the cookery books and unintentionally instead of looking for a main course, my eyes got stuck on sweety desserts. And I landed up on Seviyaan with a beautiful picture and water in my mouth…
And thus, went to the kitchen, collected the ingredients and here I started my new experiment to cook Seviyaan for the first time…
Here is the recipe…
- 1 cup Bambino vermicelli (seviyaan)
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Sugar
- 8-10 Raisins (Kishmish)
- A few almonds (chopped)
- A few pistas (chopped)
- Seeds of 2 green cardamoms (optional)
- Few strands of Saffron (Kesar) – dissolved in ¼ cup warm milk
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom non stick pan. Add vermicelli and still for 3-4 mins on medium heat till they turn light brown.
- Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and let the seviyaan turn soft and a little dry.
- Add saffron milk, cardamom seeds, kishmish, almonds and cook till it again gets dry.
- Add sugar and cook for 1-2 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat and keep aside for 1-2 minutes till the sugar gets absorbed.
- Serve hot garnished with pistas and almonds.
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!