With the hearty taste of well – flavoured chanas, which are so hot and tangy to give you the rich flavour and warm taste and looks PERFECT when served with crisp brown bhaturas, served with love of vinegar onions.
Whenever my family now gets the urge and craving to have cholle bhature, all that comes to their mind is, Priyanka, please cook your way! The non oily bhaturas with the perfect colored and textured channas, served with vinegar onion is their favourite now!
Here comes the quick recipe with my secret it to make the just the WONDERFUL!
PRESSURE COOK TOGETHER
- 1 cup Channa Kabuli
- 2 tbsp Channe ki Dal
- 2 moti elaichi (big cardamoms)
- 1’’ stick dalchini (cinnamon)
- 2 tsp tea leaves tied in a muslin cloth ¼ tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 Onions (chopped finely)
- 1 ½ tsp anaar dana powder (pomegranate)
- 3 tomatoes – chopped finely
- 1’’ piece ginger – chopped finely
- 1 green chilli – chopped finely
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp channa masala
- 1 ¼ tsp salt or as per taste
- Soak the channa and channe kid al overnight. In the morning, discard the water. Wash it with fresh water and add moti elaichi, dalchini, tea leaves, soda and water enough to cover the channas properly.
- Presure cook these to have one whistle and lower the flame for 20-25 minutes. Keep Aside
- In a non-stick pan, take oil, add onions and sauté till they become transparent. Add anaar-dana powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, ginger and green chillies and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add the dhania powder, garam masala and chilli powder. Mash the mixture well till it browns and the oil gets separated.
- Open the pressure cooker and remove the tea bags from the same. Add the ready onion tomato masala to the channas.
- Add salt and cook the mix for 15-20 minutes on medium flame to give the beautiful color and fragrance.
- Garnish it with onions, tomatoes, fried potatoes, lemons and green chillies. Serve Hot!
Ingredients: (Makes 8)
- 2 cups Maida (refined flour)
- 1 cup suji (semolina)
- ½ tsp soda (mitha soda)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ cup sour curd (khatti dahi)
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak suji in about ¼ cup water, just enough to over it. Keep this aside for 8-10 minutes
- Sift the salt, soda and maida in a wide mouth vessel. Add sugar, soaked suji and curd.
- Knead this well to make a rolling consistency dough with adding warm water if needed.
- Knead the dough with greased hands to make it smooth.
- Brush it with oil and cover with a greased cleanwrap. Keep the dough in a warm place for atleast 3-4 hours.
- Roll out balls and Fry in hot oil. Serve Hot!
- 3-4 Onion (Rings)
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chilli
- Peel and make rings of the onion or use small onions
- Place them in a bowl and sprinkle some salt and red chilli powder on them. Mix well.
- Boil water and vinegar together and pour the mixture on the onions.
- Sift the onions and serve!
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!