Still thinking what you should buy this Valentine for your loved one? We suggest you not to splurge on expensive bouquets & gifts and rather opt for a beautiful evening with your Valentine with these exclusive Valentine recipes. For a day, keep your calorie counter aside, and try out these Red recipes together in the comfort of your lovely low lit house.
If the mood is to go out, then you can plan to visit any of these restaurants to grab your spoon of their special red dishes. Kitchen Pops has some mouth watering recipes with the color of LOVE. And for those privileged couples who will be getting up in arms of their lovers, can sneak out of bed early and surprise your partner!
- Tomato Bocconcinni Caprese – Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai
Kitchen Pops invariably is in pursuit of arty display of food. And this time we have Tomato Bocconcinni Caprese, a feast for the eyes and will linger on your lover’s tongue for a romantic date. The Chef of Courtyard by Marriott has shared his recipe which we have explained in simplest form. We guarantee you that your partner will be swept off his/her feet after trying this lip smacking recipe.
- 2 Tomatoes
- 200gms Bocconcinni slices
- 3 leaves Romaine Lettuce
- 50 gm Pesto
- 1tsp Balsamic Reduction
- 50 gm Pine Nuts
- Large bunch Basil
- 50 gm Parmesan cheese
- 150 ml Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
For Balsamic reduction:
- 100 ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- Blanch the tomatoes, de-seed and de-skin it
- Marinate the blanched tomatoes in a vinaigrette dressing
- Take a heart shaped cutter for the tomatoes, lettuce leave, pesto and bocconcinni slices
- Garnish with a spoon of pesto and balsamic reduction
Heat a small frying pan over a low heat. Cook the pine nuts until golden, shaking occasionally. Put into a food processor with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth, then season.
For balsamic reduction:
Heat a pan and add all ingredients and reduce it till it becomes a thick paste.
2. Bharwan Punjabi Aloo – Atmosfire, Bangalore
Just like your steamy romance, why not make it spicy like Bharwan Punjabi Aloo for your partner? Something a Desi girl can offer to her lover for a romantic evening with wine. Try this recipe and you won’t stop licking your fingers.
- 1kg Potatoes
- 140 gm Thick Curd
- 8 gm Red Chilly
- 10 gm Ginger
- 5 gm Garam Masala Powder
- 10 gm Jeera Powder
- 25gm Cashew Nuts
- 20gm Kasturi Methi
- 100gm Soya refined Oil
- 12gm Garlic
- 30gm Coriander Leaves
- 50 gm Raisins
- 25 gm Fresh Cream
- 11 gm Green Chilly
- De-skin the potatoes and make a hole vertically for stuffing.
- For marination, take bowl, mix thick curd, red chilly, ginger & garlic paste and Kasturi Methi, and make a smooth mixture
- For stuffing, chop all the ingredient
- Put all the chopped ingredient in a separate bowl, add cream, garam masala and mix it
- Fill the potatoes with the stuffing
- Cover the potatoes and marinate it
- Cook over the fire
- When done, cut it into 2 halves, garnish with fresh pomegranate and serve with mint chutney.
3. Strawberry and Rose Petal Vacherin with white peach coulis – The Westin, Mumbai
If you’re a fan of desserts and want your partner to try your hand made Strawberry and Rose Petal Vacherin with white peach coulis; you must make sure you have time to bake. Believe us, it’s worth the time. The Westin, Mumbai shared this recipe with us to make your memory special on Valentines Day. So, bring on the love that will stay in your lover’s heart.
For vanilla ice cream:
- 850 gm Milk
- 150 gm Cream
- 10 gm Stabilizer
- 200 gm Sugar
- 50 gm Glucose
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 Vannila Bean
For Mara Des Bois Sorbet
- 660 gm Puree
- 106 gm Sugar
- 50 gm Glucose powder
- 5 gm Stabilizer
- 20 gm Trimoline
- 163 gm Water
For Pain de Genes:
- 4800 gm Almond Paste
- 4500 gm Whole eggs
- 900 gm Bread flour
- 70 gm Baking powder
- 1500 gm Melted butter
- 200 gm Egg white
- 180 gm Castor sugar
- 180 gm Icing sugar
- Whip up together almond paste and whole eggs until nice and fluffy
- Fold in the flour and baking powder
- At last warm melted butter
- Pour in the rings
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes
- Beat egg white and caster sugar together and then fold in icing sugar and pink color. Pipe the shape required (square for the bottom 7.5 cm x 7 .5 cm and heart shape netting for the top), put it in the oven for an hour at 100 degrees until the meringue is well bake. Store in a air dry container
- Make a layer of vanilla ice cream and another layer with the sorbet. Set it and then cut it in heart shape. Place the ice cream heart shape on a thin layer of pain de Genes.
- Put a square base meringue in the center of the plate. Place the ice cream heart shape on the top of it. Pipe it with a bit of cream and then put the heart shape netting on it. Add few fresh berries of your choice.
4. Heart of Rawa Kesari –by Zambar, Gurgaon
Zambar, a unique home-style South Indian food restaurant, presents a unique way to present scrumptious romantic hearts that will satiate your better-half’s taste bud.These heart-shaped Rawa Kesari is crafted with readily available ingredients and most importantly with your love.
- ½ cup (3/4th for more sweetness) Sugar
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- Few strands of Saffron (dissolved in little milk)
- A Pinch Orange Color
- A couple of tablespoons Ghee
- 6-8 broken Cashew Nuts
- 10-12 Raisins
- Fry cashew nuts till golden & raisins till bloated. Keep aside
- With a little ghee, fry the Semolina till it changes color (gets darker)
- Slowly add boiling water, stirring continuously to avoid lumps forming. Add saffron & color. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes
- Add sugar and mix well till the sugar has dissolved
- Mix fried cashew nuts and raisins
5. Dark Chocolate mousse – The Suryaa, New Delhi
Chocolate, a gesture of love or call it an aphrodisiac to induce sexual feelings. Thus, we thought we should share the Chocolate mousse recipe by The Suryaa. We bet, this surprise can never go wrong for your partner.
- 10 egg yolks
- 2 whole Eggs
- 120 gms grain sugar
- 800 gms dark chocolate
- 375ml double cream
- 50ml orange juice
- 5gms Nescafe
- 625gms Double Cream
- Beat yolks and whole eggs into a Sabayon and pour in the sugar boiled to 120 c.
- Beat until nice and thick
- Make a trifle out of chocolate with cream, orange juice and coffee
- Add into the Sabayon and fold in the double whipped cream
- Allow to set overnight before use
Wishing a very Happy Valentine’s Day to all!
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!