I always had the fantasy and love for spaghetti pasta as compared to penne, fusilli or any other type of pasta. And that was the reason; I finally tried my hands on spaghetti pasta this time. We always love the pastas with lot of veggies in them and thus I made sure that I put a lot of veggies in spaghetti pasta as well.
An Italian sauce which originated from Bologna, Italy, Bolognese Sauce is a Red sauce used to prepare an Italian cuisine Pasta. Innovated in the last 18th century near Bologna, this was customarily paired with tagliatelle which is made using eggs and soft wheat flour.
Known as spaghetti alla Bolognese, a pasta dish which was initially invented using meat sauce served on spaghetti. But being vegetarian, I tried this recipe in my own manner with lots of veggies in red sauce with spaghetti pasta and balsamic vinegar.
- 250 gms Mushrooms (rinsed and chopped)
- 1 big Broccoli (chopped)
- 6-7 Babycorns (chopped)
- 250 gms Whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 Tomatoes (pureed)
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup fresh herbs like basil (chopped)
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Pizza & Pasta Sauce
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- First cook the pasta with water and a tablespoon of oil and some salt. Strain and put under cold water and toss with some oil to avoid them to stick to each other.
- Heat the olive oil; add onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes till the onion gets transparent.
- Add the mushrooms; broccoli and baby corn to the onion and sauté them for 5-6 minutes.
- The vegetables will get cooked and mushrooms will turn light brown.
- Add the tomato puree and cook on low flame for another 4 minutes by stirring in between.
- Add the celery or basil together with oregano and chilli flakes.
- Now pour in the vinegar, tomato ketchup and pizza sauce to the veggies along with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve hot!
Cooking is always a fun and specially when I mix and try new innovations into it. With the perfect flavours and aroma is what we try to come up with. A quick and simple recipe for the classic spaghetti lovers but in case you are not amongst the ones who love cooking, then we suggest you just logon to foodpanda and order your favourite pasta to be served at your place. Foodpanda is an online food ordering website being present in more than 30 cities across the country and having the wide choice of 4000+ restaurants.
During this Cricket world cup, there is a special campaign “One child’s mid day meals collaboration” named as Ticket to Cheer by Food Panda. The company has taken a noble step for a cause to bring a civic change in the country. Under this campaign they give us a platform to donate in order to help the mid-day school meals of 1.4 million kids round the year. Let’s join their hands and take a step to help our country shout out loud for the kids as we do for our favourite teams in World Cup. Salute to Food Panda care.
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!