Vaango, a south Indian food concept of Devyani International Limited; is a chain of restaurants across the country. It is a quick-service restaurant model with the menu consisting of South Indian food delicacies.
With the new launch of chatpata flavors from Aamchi Mumbai, Vaango now tries to offer its customers the traditional Maharashtrian flavors in their comfortable and favorite Vaango outlets. With the mix of pleasing sauces and chutneys, these are served in the form of Vada Pav and Pav Bhaji.
Vaango is catering largely to Families over breakfast & dinners, while the lunch time, mainly caters to the working office crowd. With outlets round the North India, Vaango aims at growing big with new inclusions in the menu. They got their first outlet opened up in Noida & since then, it was menu a look back for them.
Kitchen Pops was invited to the food tasting and we were delighted to try some of these new flavors from ‘’Aamchi Mumbai ‘’, at their Sector 29, Gurgaon outlet. We were greeted well & taken care by the outlet’s senior most person, Mr. Anu Kumar. Although it’s a self service model, we still had a couple of stewards who were helping us to clean the tables.
We well welcomed with a Mint Jeera cooler & an Imli summer cooler and with their wonderful new starters. The dishes served to us included:
- Idli Chaat (at INR 69) A chaat made with idlis in dahi, chutney & masala was something really different & refreshing. Being light on stomach & cool in the summers, this chaat is a good option to try.
- Next came Idli Manchurian (at INR 69), mini idlis dipped in hot Manchurian gravy with onions. A perfect dish for Chinese & South Indian lowers to have in combo of the cuisines & enjoy the hot sizzling dish.
- Dal Vada chaat (at INR 79) the famous yummy dal vadas served in the form of a chaat with chilled curd & chutneys to be consumed asap in order to make same you don’t miss the crispy hot vadas with chilled curd. A must try!
- Vada Pav – Aamchi Mumbai’s chapata flavor & the hottest selling street- food served in the south Indian Presentation, stuffed with the dabeli masala & Aloo vada, this tasted jhakkas. These vada pavs should ideally be served with mint chutney.
- Next came the authentically flavored Mysone Masala Dosa (at INR 135) Cool on your pocket, hot & spicy in taste, the dosa is of an appropriate size to make you full. The masala was yummy, while the sambhar was quite sour. The coconut chutney & red onion chutney accompanied the dosa.
- Mint Jeena cooler– As the summers are here, this is something to keep you cool. The taste, however needs improvement, as it tasted more like a mint chutney than a drink.
- Imli cooler– Better than mint cooler, Imli cooler was like the Imli chutney with extra But the flavor of imli made it to be liked.
- Rawa Kesari (at INR 49) After the tasting of the starters & main Course, we were presented with the Rawa It is a yellow colored suji Halwa, because of Kesar. It is a famous south Indian dessert. We loved the flavor of Kesar in it, but the halwa was little on the sticky side.
- Gulab Jamun with Rabri (at INR 69) Easy on Pocket dessert, to give you the home made gulab jamun in very rich pure ghee Good for people with a sweet tooth.
Overall, we loved the ambience, as it was not noisy as compared to all the other south Indian restaurants. And the food was satisfactory.
Our recommendation for must try
- Dal Vada Chaat
- Vada Pav
- Imli Cooler
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!