Avocados are rich in vitamins A, C and E, which helps you to build up your immune system. Consumption of avocados helps to reduce cancer risks in a person’s body. This fruit also helps to reduce cholesterol from your body, making your heart fit and young. Avocados contain a large amount of fiber, which plays a vital role in managing your weight by allowing you to eat less without feeling hungry.
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 200g green leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce and red endive
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- Black-pepper and salt as per taste
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Pinch of oregano for seasoning
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
Combine salad dressing requirements and season. Toss through the avocado slices and mixed leaves and other ingredients.
- 1 perfectly ripe large avocado
- 2 kiwi fruit peeled
- 1 whole lime juice
- Litchi juice (as it is transparent/white and this would not change the color of the smoothie and give you a blend of sweet and sour)
- 1 tablespoon honey to taste
- 2-3 ice cubes
Cut avocado and kiwi into pieces so that it would be easier to blend and squeeze lime as soon as possible. Squeezing lime on avocado would help it not to turn black after coming in contact with air. Place litchi juice in the blender first, then fruit and ice. Blend it up until creamy and smooth.
- 1 cup overnight soaked chickpeas (Kaabuli Chana)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or (if not available) coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt, white pepper, oregano and chili flakes (if spice required) to taste
- Bread of your choice
- Sandwich toppings: lettuce, cherry tomato slices, sprouts, etc.
- 1 cup Hung curd (it will act as a mayonnaise to your sandwich)
- Cook, rinse and drain the chickpeas and in a medium bowl, using a fork or potato masher smash the chickpeas and avocado together. Squeeze lime on this mixture and cover it with lid. Add hung curd to it and keep this mixture aside.
- Toast the bread you require and spread avocado mixture on one slice of the bread.
- Place cilantro, green onion and cherry tomatoes on top of the spread. Season with salt, white pepper and oregano to taste.
- Serve this sandwich with tomato ketchup or any other dip you love.
Try making healthy recipes and stay strong. Lead a fit life and make your family healthier. Avocado also makes your skin glow and hair grow with good strength. Your whole body gets rejuvenated by ingesting this small fruit. Add this fruit in your food intake and maintain a strong life.
Write-up by Kitchen Pops coordinate: Pratiksha
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!