I came across this beautiful and innovative idea by Cook Gourmet where they offer you the dishes and recipes by the famous Chef. Narender Singh. Went through their attractive website with beautiful mouth-watering food pictures and then finally ordered them “Greek Style Stuffed Bell Peppers with Feta and Olives” vegetarian dish.
I was surprised and impressed to get a confirmation mail along with asking me the suitable date and time for the delivery of the dish ingredients Box. And as I didn’t want to wait long to try this, I ordered it to be delivered the very next day. Got the delivery on the exact time, a delivery boy with the box in his hand and smile on his face 🙂
The moment I opened up the box, I discovered brilliantly chopped and perfectly-measured, freshly vacuum-packed ingredients along with a descriptive recipe sheet. It was impressive to find ‘freezo pack’ inside the box which was actually an ice pack kept inside the package in order to make sure that the ingredients remain fresh. With the curiosity to try the attractive recipe, I started with a quick glance on the recipe and then at the ingredients provided.
Following the quick and easy steps mentioned in the recipe along with the perfect pictures, I was able to get the super-delicious Greek style stuffed Bell Peppers with Feta and Olives. The ingredients were measured so perfectly that I was not required to measure them while cooking.
The red and green huge sized bell peppers were stuffed with onion, tomatoes, olives, Arborio rice, and basil and feta cheese. The quantity of the filling came out to be the perfect to fill the 4 bell peppers.I must say the quality of ingredients used was remarkable as they were fresh and to the mark. Another good thing about this package was that every ingredient was properly marked with its name. The cooking time mentioned in the recipe sheet was also so perfect that it didn’t require any further thoughts and assistance.
Cook Gourmet is a new concept started by 2 partners with the aim of helping to cook new and innovative Gourmet recipes every week. Be it a housewife, working women, men or even a teenage kid, can now cook such delicious gourmet dishes at the ease of their home with the help of cookgourmet.co. With the shelf-life of 3-4 days when well-refrigerated, you can now cook your delicious meals with the quick help provided by cookgourmet.co.
Here is the wonderful recipe by Chef. Narender Singh at cookgourmet.co:
Greek Style Stuffed Bell Peppers with Feta and Olives
Portion Size: 2
Preparation Time: 30 mins
As any of the latest naval stand offs between Greeks and Turks in the Aegean shows, the Greeks are not much amenable to the idea that their food might be indebted to Turkish Cooking. It is commonplace for Greek food writers to introduce as one shaped through over 3,000 years of history. The sumptuous feast described by Homer and Plato and menus from Athenaeums – all this will be described as part of Greek culinary heritage.
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock powder
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 4 Medium bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (for stuffing)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (for grilling)
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- 1-2 green onions (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Medium Tomato (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 5-6 Green Olives (Halved)
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Salt to Taste
- Prepare Arborio Rice – Take 1.5 cups (360 ml) of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, add vegetable stock powder and mix well. Stir in Arborio rice, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, until water is absorbed. Take care that rice does not turn too dry. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Start with Bell Pepper Stuffing – Heat Olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add garlic, green onions, basil, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper in oil and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tomato and cook for 5 minutes until they become soft.
- Add prepared Arborio Rice – Mix cooked Arborio rice, and stir until heated through for 1 minute. Remove from heat; mix in feta cheese and olives.
- Stuff Bell Peppers with rice mixture – Spoon the mixture evenly among 4 bell peppers.
- Grill Bell Peppers – In a non-stick pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
Add stuffed bell peppers and turn them cooking on 3 sides for about 3 minutes each (total 9 minutes) until they turn golden brown and crispy.
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!