Kitchen Pops was invited to GFFI Fitness Academy’sbody engineering workshop in Mumbai on BMXStrength®, which has been invented and introduced by Neeraj Mehta. The event was organized to create awareness about the human bio-mechanics and its effect on lifestyle. Neeraj Mehta, is the first master trainer to introduce Iron Yoga—workout with weights. He is also trained in 14 different kinds of physical fitness, arts like martial arts, tai chi, yoga, Pilates and aerobics movements. During the workshop he made us do a few exercises that we tend to do it wrong. He pointed out a handful of issues that we ignore in our daily life. Due to superfast lifestyle some of us are becoming disoriented about our health. And, sometimes due to hormonal changes body respond differently, which leads to pain in our joints or muscles. Just like a car, the wheels need to be aligned every 6 months. Similarly, we need to maintain our body by eating healthy food and staying fit. BMX strength assures you no injury and maximum safety with maximum result. What is BMX strength? It’s a hybrid of science and fitness together. He gave an example of hinges that helps the door to go back and forth, without hinges it’s difficult to attain a smooth movement. In the same way, elbows and knee joints are like hinges in our body. BMX strength, teaches us how to use our main muscles to avoid stiffness during our workout.
Neeraj shared an interesting fact with us about fats and why these fats get accumulated in our stomach area. The area around the stomach is called a soft muscle and the area that is around the bones is called bone muscles. And because the muscles are soft around the intestine area, fats tend to easily make their way into it. And the food that doesn’t get stored turns into fat. Our body uses food as fuel, after carbohydrates and fats are used, then the body turns to protein.
- How is my energy today?
- How is my mood today?
- How is my sleeping pattern?
- Am I feeling bloated?
It’s true that whatever we eat that shapes our mood. So you must watch carefully to what you eat. Food allergies are very common and it is important for us to be aware of what doesn’t suit us. And for those of you who are on a high protein diet must include fruits.
We at Kitchen Pops, now suggest that knowing your blood type is a very important element to stay fit. Neeraj has guaranteed us that if we eat according to our blood type, we will certainly lose weight and will be able to prevent some serious health issues. He has also shared some delicious and healthy recipes with us for each blood type. Bon appetite!
Blood Type Diet – Type O
Avoid: This blood type is allergic to gluten, which is found in whole wheat products and also in dairy based products. This blood type should avoid eating gluten based food products. Veggies such as cabbage, kidney beans, cauliflower may also have an adverse impact on your health as they hinder thyroid hormone.
Eat: This blood group can easily digest animal protein. Lean beef meat, lamb, turkey, chicken or fish should be a part of your diet routine. Kelp, seafood, iodized salt is good for this blood type as they increase hormone production.
- 1 large piece of white fish (900gram -1.35 kg) rinsed and dried
- Lemon juice, olive oil 50 ml
- 1tsp cayenne
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 1tsp ground cumin, and salt
- Sprinkle salt, cayenne, ground black pepper, ground cumin and lemon juice onto the fish. Marinate the fish for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Drain the fish well and coat with olive oil
- To prevent fish from drying, wrap it with a foil, lightly greased with oil.
- Season and bake for 30-40 minutes.
Blood Type Diet – Type A
Avoid: This blood type is exactly opposite to type O, when it comes to consuming meat. Meat slows down the metabolic rate for this blood type as the body does not produce much meat digestive enzymes. In fact, type A have trouble digesting dairy products as well. Dairy products provoke insulin reactions in the body of this blood type.
Eat: Type A can be easily accustomed to vegetarian diets. Vegetables and fruits should be an important part of the diet and should be consumed 3-4 times in a day. They should eat fruits that are more alkaline based. But avoid mangoes, papaya and oranges since they are not good for your digestive system. Type As’ can eat seafood (except fish) in a moderate quantity 2-3 times in a week.
Black Bean Soup
- 450 gm dried black bean (soaked overnight)
- 2tbsp vegetable stock
- 30 gm crushed garlic
- 50 gm sliced onion
- 115 gm diced celery
- 50 gm leeks, chopped and well rinsed
- 2tbsp cumin
- 50 g dried parsley
- 50 gm chopped spring onion
- 1 bunch of chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 bunch of fresh chopped basil
- Drain the beans and rinse well. Place them in a large, heavy-based saucepan with 3 liters of water and bring to the boil. Skim the surface if necessary.
- Drain the liquid from the beans, then add the vegetable stock to beans and simmer.
- Saute the garlic, onion, celery, leeks and seasonings together. Add the mixture to the beans and continue cooking
- Puree 25 g of this soup for consistency. Garnish with the spring onions, tarragon and basil.
Blood Type Diet – Type B
Avoid: Corn, buckwheat, lentils, peanuts can have an adverse effect on the digestive system. All these food products have different lectin and they may affect insulin production in the body.
Eat: Type B has the best features of type O and type A as well. This blood type can have meat, veggies, fruits, eggs and dairy products as well.
- 8 kg virtually fat-free natural Yogurt
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1tbsp olive oil, 1tsp fresh thyme
- 1tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1tsp fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put yogurt into a piece of muslin. Tie the cloth into a ball with a string and allow the yogurt to drip over the kitchen sink overnight. Remove the yogurt from muslin and transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill 1-2 hours before serving.
Blood Type Diet – Type AB
Avoid: Type ABs’ can’t metabolize meat efficiently because of low stomach acid, so it is important to watch the portion size and frequency. Chicken has lectin that irritates the blood and digestive tracts of type ABs’ as well.
Eat: Your diet should be full of vegetables and fruits. Tofu, seafood and veggies increase the metabolic efficiency of such body type. Dairy products also have good impact on insulin production of this blood type.
Tofu Sardines Fritters
- 1 can sardine fillets (deboned)
- 2 pieces medium or firm tofu, drained (each 2.5 cm)
- ¼ tbsp horseradish powder
- Dash of cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Mash the sardines with a fork until fluffy.
- Mash the tofu into the sardines. Sprinkle horseradish powder
- Add a dash of vinegar and blend the ingredients. Form small patties from the mixture
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. The patties should be brown from both sides
- Drain the extra oil from patties onto the kitchen paper. Alternatively, use the grill for patties.
- Serve with sauce or salad
Eat healthy and stay fit is the mantra of life!
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!