Never knew that cooking could be made so easy and quick. All thanks to Cookgourmet for entitling us to have the gourmet recipes cooked by our own hands with unique and not so easily available ingredients as well. With the whole pack of ingredients and the methodology required for coming up with the final delectable dishes, it entitles us to have the wonderful food.
Cook Gourmet gives us an opportunity to cook what we see on TV in reality shows and what we always dream of trying our hands on. With the simple three steps:
- Visiting the website
- Browsing and ordering
- Receiving the box, we were privileged to get Pasta Primavera with Romano Cheese. It is a recipe that was innovated in New York.
The box is well packed with the ice pack inside to make sure that the ingredients are fresh till the time you cook them. The ingredients are well measured and packed. Just follow the steps which are crisply written and displayed in the pictures, and tadaaa… you end up cooking a gourmet delicious recipe with your own hands. The best part is that these recipes despite of being the way to be cooked by a connoisseur are available for us at a reasonable price of INR 299 for a portion of 2 and that too delivered free of cost at your doorstep on the desired day and time.
Pasta Primavera with Romano Cheese by Chef Narender Singh
Portion Size: 2
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Pasta Primavera – the name evokes the nouveau cuisine. Done in its classic form, this is believed to be invented by the chefs at Le Cirque restaurant in New York in the late 1970s. Primavera is a riot of vegetables doused in butter, cream and lots of Parmesan cheese. Our version is pared down rendition of this classic, simplified and lightened up for modern tastes.
- 200 gms Penne Pasta
- 1/3 cup Yellow Squash
- 1/3 cup Zucchini
- 1/3 cup Carrots
- 1/3 cup Red Bell Peppers
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Asparagus
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil for Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil for Onion Mixture
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 tsp Butter
- ½ Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- ½ tsp Lemon Zest
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Basil
- 1 Tbsp Parsley for Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Parsley for Garnishing
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Romano Cheese
- Cook Pasta – In a saucepan bring 2 litres of water and vegetable oil to boil. Add penne pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes, constantly stirring. Pasta should be tender, yet to firm to bite.
- Mix Vegetables in Olive Oil – While pasta is being cooked, toss squash, zucchini, carrot, red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and asparagus together in a bowl with olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste along with lemon juice and Italian seasoning, mix well.
- Sautee Vegetables – In a non-stick pan on low-medium heat, sautee all the vegetables for 10 minutes, till asparagus is done, set aside.
- Prepare Onion and Garlic Mixture – In the same non-stick pan used for sautéing vegetables, heat olive oil along with butter. Cook onions and garlic until tender for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Pasta to the mixture – Add pasta, lemon zest, basil, parsley and balsamic vinegar into the onion mixture and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add Sauteed Vegetables and Serve – Mix the sautéed vegetables and mix for 1 minute. Switch off the heat.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with parsley and romano cheese.
- Serve Hot!
This was New York style not so greasy pasta with any specific Red or White sauce and the vegetables that have been added to this makes it just to fall in love with. The Pasta Primavera is for the ones who just love the flavour of pastas in lemon and served with veggies. The dish was rich and delicious but was not to make you feel overfull while having it, in order to entitle you to relish every bite of it you have. The basil and parsley adds the rich aroma to the dish and the Parmesan cheese creates the flavour to fall in love with.
Cook Gourmet enables us to have wonderfully done chef’s special dishes at the comfort of our homes. These dishes and the box is so well prepared, that even a person who is new to cooking can end up serving these delectable dishes to their loved ones as well as to their guests and claiming to be cooked by themselves in their own kitchens.
A few things that definitely is good about these boxes are:
- Easy to order and to get at doorstep
- Gourmet dishes and not the everyday food
- Can be ordered in any quantity, even if you are planning a party at your place
- Use of special ingredients, which are not easily available
- Leave you with confidence and the recipe which you can try again
Just log on to Cook Gourmet and try your first dish today!
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!