With the preparation time of 10 minutes and cooking for another 10 minutes, we were delighted to have, yummy tasting healthy burgers as an output. Bored of the traditional Aloo Tikki homemade burgers, we were charmed by the easy recipe and the readily measured ingredients by Cook Gourmet.
The tofu and chickpea tikkis with lettuce leaf and red wine vinegar dipped onions stuffed inside a burger bun was like heaven on earth. Served with potato wedges and a perfect soft drink to go with it, the burgers were a perfect dinner for foodies like us!
Beat the rainy season and the cravings with these delicious burgers! Served with aioli made with mayonnaise, basil and lemon, the dish get a zesty punch. You can also use aioli as a dip for your grilled wedges. The patties are made with boiled chickpeas and tofu, there cannot be a more healthy burger. Who said junk food wasn’t good for health!
Chickpea & Veggie Burgers with Garlic Aioli and Potato Wedges
By Cook Gourmet Labs
Portion size: 4 burgers
Preparation Time: 25 mins
- 4 burger buns
- 180 gms Grated Silken Tofu
- 2 Cloves Garlic for Aioli
- 2 cloves garlic for potato wedges
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- ¼ bunch Basil
- ¼ bunch thyme
- ½ Tbsp butter
- 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 Shallots for wedges
- 3 Shallots for patties
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- ½ cup cooked & mashed chickpeas
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 400 gms Potato Wedges
- ½ tbsp Chia seeds
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil for Aioli
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil for marinating potato
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil for cooking potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil for cooking patties
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Prepare the aioli: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice (use 1 lemon) & half the basil. Add ½ tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt & ½ tsp pepper.
- Marinate and cook the potato wedges: Toss the wedges in thyme, lemon zest, garlic & shallots. Add ½ tbsp olive oil & season with salt & pepper. Transfer to a non-stick pan and cook the marinated potato wedges in 1tbsp olive oil on high heat for 10 minutes, until they are golden brown. Keep aside.
- Form the patties: While the potatoes cook, in a bowl, combine the grated tofu, mashed chickpeas, Chia seeds, panko bread crumbs, shallots, garlic and basil. Add in ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper & pour in the butter. Using your hands, form 4-5 equal sized patties.
- Cook the patties: Add 2 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan, place the patties & cook on a high heat each side for 3 minutes. Cover with a lid & cook for 2 more minutes.
- Assemble the burger:
- Toast each bun for 30 secs. Start by spreading the aioli on each base, place lettuce leaf and then top it up with a cooked Put ¼ the ketchup and some of the onion soaked in red wine vinegar. Place the other bun.
- Serve with grilled potato wedges and aerated drinks or smoothies.
We started our preparation by the potato wedges. We marinated them by preparing the marination mix. Kept them aside to get marinated well. We then moved ahead to prepare the aioli by mixing the ingredients for it which were clearly marked with the same. Our Aoili was ready & was thus placed in refrigerator to avoid it to go bad. The potato wedges were well marinated by now & thus we cooked them on a non-stick pan. Although, we believe that we would have got better potato wedges, if those were a little less boiled and frozen. The best result would have been, if they were deep fried than the non-stick cooking, as these got little mashed to give the look of a potato vegetable than the wedges.
We then moved to the next step of forming the patties & cooking the same. They came out to be golden in color & looked delicious! Finally, we assembled everything to give shape to the final output i.e. the burgers. And served them with chilled Ice tea!
The taste was so much loved by us that we would definitely order this AGAIN!
So what are you waiting for, just order at Cook Gourmet & be a great cook to treat yourself and your loved ones with this healthy & lovely burger.
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!