The Chinese New Year was celebrated well by the famous Michelin star restaurant Yauatcha, situated in Ambiance mall, Vasant Kunj, Delhi. Cantonese cuisine served in a perfect ambiance is what Yauatcha is about. From cocktails to feasts, from dim sums to mains, they have it all for your love for Chinese.
And especially when it is time to celebrate the Chinese New year, the place presents with different, yet so amazing food menu to serve you the best. Chinese New Year is considered one of the most auspicious festivals in the Chinese Calender and this year marks as the Year of the Monkey, which occupies ninth position on the Chinese zodiac calendar.
As the monkey is mischievous, clever and energetic, together with being social and funny, the year 2016 is also considered on the similar lines corresponding with the element of fire, which is associated with warmth and passion.
Michelin star restaurant, Yauatcha is celebrating Chinese New Year with their special menu. Inviting all the food lovers to their wonderful luxurious experience, Yauatcha offered the Chinese new year specially curated menu.
Our food experience for Chinese New year celebration at Yauatcha, we started with their dim sums.
- Truffle and English carrot dumpling (325) – These were specially curated for the Chinese new year dim sums which later became the part of the menu. The wonderful English combination has been just amazing.
- Kiwi and black olive dumpling (325) – We were a little excited to find such a combination in a dumpling and were eagerly looking forward to taste it. Unfortunately, we got to know that it was not being liked by the guests and thus has been discontinued from the menu. We wonder how it would have tasted to be discontinued.
- Corn, carrot and curry dumpling (325) – Again a wonderful combination of ingredients, where corn being one of our favorites. Being little on a sweeter side, but tangy and perfectly steamed, these dim sums are sure going to be a sure shot hit.
We also opted to our all-time favorite soup at Yauatcha – The Sweet Corn Soup, which is only available at this place. While moving ahead for the main course, we chose the following:
- Stir-fry mock chicken in the Hunan Style Spicy Sauce (395) – Unlike the name suggests as “chicken”, Yauatcha uses soya as the mock chicken which is cooked in spice sauce with vegetables along with it.
- Toban Fried Rice (550) – These are the authentic Chinese fried rice, which is prepared in the aromatic toban sauce which is made using fermented beans.
- Mahlak Udon Noodle (750) – We didn’t try these, but these are flat noodles with mixed vegetables in it.
To satisfy our sweet tooth, we tried their Crunchy Caramel with honeycomb ice cream (350). Crunch with the soft creamy ice cream and sweetness of caramel made it just perfect.
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!